Wednesday 30 September 2009

Presentation Evaluation

My presentation in my view was well prepared and had the correct information in it. My overall score was 11, which I think was to high, personally I feel i should have got at least a 8 or 9. My reasons for this is that the information i gave in my presentation was well presented and relevant. For example i had key information on more than one theorist, which related to the text i am studying. Also i included much more media terminology, such as Binary oppositions, media language. The media language on my production was well studied, as i linked it very well to the text and found key examples. I also added important images and detailed descriptions about them, for example the shot of Joker in jail. I talked about connotations and lighting, which not many other people did.
Also with the feedback given from the class, I saw that they thought i understood the text well and explained key issues well. Again some pointed out how i described the images and used media language to help. Another point where they thought i did well was in the use of media language to explain the different character roles.
However there were also some points where i clearly need to improve on. The length should of been longer, and the pace also slower. As i read to fast and only had 8 slides overall. I also should have included a conclusion and introduction, which would have helped make the presentation flow. Another criticism and where i could improve next time was the amount written on the board, it was a little too much, although i did improvise and not read it straight off. And finally slides should be more linked to help the overall flow of the presentation.
Overall i think the presentations analysis was very good, i explained clearly and used a lot off key media terminology. However the actual delivery of the presentation could be improved, eg by adding more images and getting more involved with the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment